A GIANT'S QUEST TO FIGURE OUT THE WORLD...

A GIANT'S QUEST TO FIGURE OUT THE WORLD...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Living in Mexico

I wonder what it would be like to live in Mexico? I mean, really live, as in speaking Spanish all the time, trying to run a business, figuring out how to pay taxes, etc. What made me think of this, you might ask? 2 words: Shawshank Redemption. You remember the end of the movie when Morgan Freeman is walking along the beach down in ol' Mexico and sees Tim Robbins in the distance restoring his boat. Well, my wife forwarded me the website for the city that that scene was supposed to have taken place in (Zihuatanejo, Mexico - although the actual scenes were shot in St. Croix), and lo and behold, there's a Bed & Breakfast for sale in the amount of $280k (US $$). 4 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3 separate buildings, terrace with ocean view, lush tropical garden with swimming pool and to top it off, a separate caretaker's house. This seems too good to be true.

The idea of owning real estate in a foreign country is a bit thrilling, especially when the cost is so much cheaper than here in America.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, if anyone can do it, you two can!!!! Although, I have a feeling the life of an expatriate would be hard for you two- you love America so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's do it. Mike and I will move down too and I'll plan weddings for your venue :)

    ReplyDelete